online accounting
designed for UK business

for business users


online accounting
designed for UK not-for-profits
FREE until January 1st 2017



login to your
business accounts

secure login





resources for



register as a user
& start today

free trial


news & views



people like you
using Liberty Accounts



you can start using Liberty Accounts with RTI compliant payroll from £12.95+VAT per month.



faq - if you need
some help





Online accounting & payroll software for British business & charities

Finding your way around new Liberty Accounts


You asked. We listened. Liberty Accounts will be releasing its new user interface at the end of the month. Here are a few pointers to help you find your way around. Simpler menus The menus will be more logically organised. Items from the “Activities” menu will appear under new “Income” or “Expenditure” menus as appropriate and the bank related activities will be nested with the relevant bank account menu item. There will be a new “HMRC” menu which is where all your Government Gateway filing can be managed, including VAT, payroll, P11D, and charity Gift Aid claims. Listings will be paired with their respective edit items e.g. “Invoices & Credit Notes” will be in the menu with “Add Invoice”, eliminating the old “Lists” menu. More commonly used actions will be emphasised and found at the top of menu groups while configuration and setup actions will be at the bottom. LA - WayAround_ Local menu for the list item Where you see the following “three dots” icon in a listing you will have access to actions such as “Open”, “Delete” etc. as relevant to the item. Line item menu Use your browser back button to return to previous screen Most browsers have a “back button” in the top menu, and also provide a right-click context sensitive menu anywhere in the window which will give access to a “back button”. If you prefer keyboard commands the following worked for us: Alt + Left Arrow (Windows users) Command + Left Arrow (Mac users)


From: business-new

Comments: 0   |  More >

User interface revolution for Liberty


The imminent release of a refreshed Liberty Accounts is motivated by a desire to give you the best experience possible. It is 15 years since we launched and it is great to be able to incorporate some of the latest technologies and approaches to web design that have emerged in recent years. UI Web fonts are a relatively new technology making it easier to give applications a distinctive feel, but they rarely render clearly on all devices. We are using a technology that ensures device optimised fonts are provided to your browser giving outstanding quality text rendering no matter how you access Liberty Accounts. The principal font has been selected for its clarity and legibility on screen making the application easier to use, especially if you are working with it for extended periods. The overall approach to the interface borrows heavily from the Material Design standard. It’s clean, uncluttered simplicity and functional use of colour helps to reduce the cognitive load when working with complex applications and data. Additionally, as many more applications adopt the Material Design standard, users can quickly get to grips with new applications because they are constructed using familiar elements. Finally, with users wanting to use Liberty on a wide range of devices from mobile to desktop, we have made many of the application screens responsive to the device in use, enabling you to use much of Liberty on a mobile if required.


From: product-news

Comments: 0   |  More >

Fresh new look coming soon…


Your experience as a user of Liberty Accounts is important to us and we have been hard at work spring cleaning the application to make it easier on the eye and simpler to use. The first phase of these improvements, along with payroll updates, is ready for release at the end of March. New Login Screen This update is designed to improve usability on desktop, tablet and mobile but does not include any fundamental changes to functionality. The main improvements include a fresh new look with many more screens providing mobile and tablet friendly user interactions. The menus have been simplified and the bank import feature has been refined based on feedback from users. Over the next few weeks we will be communicating by email some of the changes that you will see to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible for you.


From: liberty-

Comments: 0   |  More >